Based upon the definition of biotechnology in the assignment, describe how your biotechnology application is an example of biotechnology.
Biotechnology allows the use of living organisms or their processes for human needs or purposes. Currently, this topic includes such general examples as cloning, stem cells (adult, umbilical cord, and embryonic), DNA fingerprinting, biological warfare, bioremediation, genetically modified organisms, vaccines, and transgenic plants and animals to name a few. In this assignment, you will explore specific examples of biotechnology applications.
Research how a SPECIFIC biotechnology application within the above GENERAL examples (or ones not listed above) is used today. Example: Insulin production in bacteria is an example under the general topic of recombinant organisms.
- What specific biotechnology application did you choose?
- Briefly describe this biotechnology application. How is it done?
- Based upon the definition of biotechnology in the assignment, describe how your biotechnology application is an example of biotechnology.
- What benefits are derived from this application?
- Are there any concerns or negative impacts associated with this use of biotechnology? Why or why not?
Provide references in APA format. This includes a reference list and in-text citations for references used throughout the assignment.
Important: Each person in the class should choose a DIFFERENT biotechnology application. Read other students’ posts first to see what they have selected and choose a different biotechnology application