ou will be writing a 1,000 word Reaction Paper in this course using the instructions and links found below. You will be completing the following tasks and gathering the following information for your paper:
- Watch the epigenetics video from PBS. Begin your paper by defining epigenetics in your own words and discussing your reaction to the video. (Here’s an additional link if the first link is not working – https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1luqdj)
- Interview your family members and complete the Family History-Dr. Oz.pdf. Find out which disease(s) you are most at risk for.
- Research and locate one article on epigenetics and whatever disease you are most at risk for (select a study on research conducted on humans) from a reputable academic source:
- journal articles
- government publications based on research
Do not use:
- magazines of any sort, whether they are on paper or online
- Websites of any type, including epigenetics websites
How to Perform Your Research
- Use the College Library in person or online (log in with your new MDC ID number (the one that is all numbers). Your password is the last four digits of that same MDC ID unless you have changed it.
Read the epigenetics article you find. Continue your paper with a discussion of the epigenetics article. Be sure to paraphrase (put things in your own words) and be sure to cite the author(s) of the article you find using APA style (see the section below on using APA style). Aim for about a page for this part of your paper.
- Discuss the concept of epigenesis in light of your family history and the article you read. Aim for one page for this section of your paper.
- Complete the Living to 100 Questionnaires. Integrate your findings on the questionnaire into your discussion. Aim for another page.
- Discuss how you can improve your health and longevity in light of your findings in this questionnaire, your understanding of epigenetics, and your knowledge of your family history. This should be your final page.
You can go over or under a page for any of the sections of the paper as long as your total paper is 1,000 words not counting the references.
General Rules for an “A” Paper (check your paper against this list)
◻ 1,000 words
◻ Original work; plagiarism free!!
◻ Double-spaced, 12-point font, 1-inch margins
◻ Covers all 6 tasks
◻ College-level grammar
◻ Cite your article APA style (author & year within body of paper; full reference at end)
◻ No abstract, no cover
◻ Place your name and reference number on the first page. Use page numbers.