As a healthcare manager for a large multi-campus health system, you have been tasked with analyzing and evaluating the documentation standards and ethical considerations related to compliance. After completing the following assigned tasks, you will compose a professional letter to the CEO and Board of Directors focused on strategies to manage health information.
- Evaluate the health information standards associated with health record content and documentation found in your assigned readings for this unit. Formulate and justify three recommendations based on your interpretation as the custodian of health records.
- Analyze privacy, security and confidentiality policies and procedures for internal and external use by examining issues of data recovery. Formulate and justify three recommendations in regards to data privacy, confidentiality, and security. As a guide to assist in formulating your recommendations, review the Data Protection Act 2018; restoration; health information archival and retrieval systems; data security protection methods, such as authentication, encryption, decryption, and firewalls.
- Analyze the security and privacy implications of mobile health technologies. Based on your analysis, recommend and justify three security and privacy measures aimed at protecting health information.
In a formal letter to the CEO and Board of Directors, you will include your recommendations and justifications from an evaluation of the health information standards, policies, and technologies related to the security and protection of health information.
- Please complete all parts in a Microsoft Word document in a formal letter format.
- Letter templates are accessible in Microsoft Word.
- Quoting should be less than 10% of the entire letter.
- Include a reference page citing three credible resources.