Writing Prompt #1: Prewriting: How I Write
Imagine you are asked to write an essay detailing your writing experience. Use the following questions to help you to think about your role as a writer:
- In what type of environment do you do your best writing?
- How would you characterize your writing? Has it been better? Has it been worse?
- Do you write better at night or in the morning?
- When you are confronted with a writing task, how do you begin?
- Do you write for pleasure or fun? Do you write for work?
- What is it about your writing that you would like to improve upon?
Using one or more of the prewriting techniques described in the Raymer article, descibe your writing process. Submit your results to the journal forum. Be sure to clearly label the pre-writing technique(s) used.
Writing Prompt #2: Resources
This week we asked you to look at a variety of class Resources that included:
- EN101 Syllabus
- EN101 Course Policies
- EN101 FAQ
- EN101 APA Guide
- EBSCO tutorial
- Glossary of Writing Terms
Write a 75 to 150 word response explaining how you think you will be able to use two or more of these resources to improve your writing skills.