You will demonstrate your ability to apply ethics to your future career in a healthcare setting by creating a one-page statement of your professional code of ethics. This statement should clearly identify your “ethical bottom line” and be suitable for framing. Your project should be supported by materials from the text, research and personal experience.
The document should be no larger than 8.5 x 11 inches. Creativity is encouraged so be free to express yourself visually as well as in writing. Be sure that your statements are complete sentences and are free from grammatical and spelling errors. Support your ethics statement with a two-page support dument that explains its origins. Your document should help me understand why you chose the items that were included in your statement. It should also reflect how you applied your learning in the course to what you have written.
To summarize, you will submit:
- An ethics statement suitable for framing
- A two-page support paper
- A cover sheet for evaluation
Sampe format for ethics statement:
Professional Ethics Statement for (your name) As an ethics-based health care professional, I will strive to meet or exceed the statement below in the daily practice of my profession.
Your Professional Code of Ethics:
- Learn from your professional code, ACHE Code of Ethics and formulate your position on the code.
- Visit: www.ache.org/boutache.cfm
- Investigate codes from other professionas. If you are bicodal, you can investigate your co-professional code. You can use CSEP Web site to identify a code that is interesting to you.
- Ask key administrators about the challenges of living by a professional code.
- Try living the code in your daily operations