Using Senge’s five disciplines analyze if your company is a learning organization.
1. Discuss your findings strengths and weaknesses use your past six weeks of the analysis you performed on your company as evidence to support your judgment. Make sure you analyze your organization on each of the five disciplines.
For evidence, see if any of your prior week’s evaluations are relevant. Also, a complete argument includes analysis. To provide analysis tell your readers how your evidence supports your claim – just don’t provide an example (see https://www.umuc.edu/writingcenter/writingresources/paragraph_struc.cfm).
2. Discuss the challenges that your company would face moving to a learning organization.
To do this use three of Senge’s eight strategies that would help your business transform into a learning organization. Discuss why you selected these strategies over the others. Also make sure you discuss how would these strategies help your company?
Senge, P. M. (2006). The fifth discipline: The art and practice of the learning organization. New York: Doubleday.
- Dr. Maxwell is the founder of EQUIP and the John Maxwell Company, organizations that have trained more than 5 million leaders worldwide. Every year he speaks to Fortune 500 companies, international government leaders, and organizations as diverse as the United States Military Academy at West Point, the National Football League, and the United Nations. This website is full of wisdom and free resources from John C. Maxwell; an internationally recognized leadership expert, speaker, coach, and author.
- Founded in 1970 as a nonprofit, CCL helps clients around the world cultivate creative leadership—the capacity to achieve more than imagined by thinking and acting beyond boundaries. The Center for Creative Leadership is a nationally recognized organization for developing leaders. This website has some wonderful free resources and studies; check out the Research and Insight section.
- Following the Harvard Business Review Blog will keep you in touch with the latest trends in business management, strategy and innovation. Spend time following this blog and stay on top of your career.
Watch Video Vineet Nayar: Is Your Leadership Model Past its Prime?
YouTube URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dBuBqb4wTk
Watch Video Future Work: Changing World
YouTube URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4shlqPilPhU
|Vineet Nayar, CEO of HCL Technologies, offers up a new model of leadership that is truly fit for our times on MIX TV.||How the world is changing will change the way you work – watch this interesting and up-tempo clip that highlights key trends from the book Future Work by Alison Maitland and Peter Thomson.|
Watch Video Harvard Professor Linda Hill- Leaders must be Game Changers
YouTube URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q__fgFdrzlk
Watch Video Dr. Peter Senge speaks on Organizational Dynamics, Culture, and Generational Leadership
YouTube URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAkJqzJYHJc
|As business leaders, each of us is faced with a similar dilemma today. How do we need to change to stay effective despite the rapid and continuous change we are faced with in the business environment today?||Innovation should stem from a fundamental change in strategic thinking and should begin with the reform of our education system. Dr. Peter Senge, director of the Center for Organizational Learning at the MIT Sloan School of Management, sat down with SBC’s Pierre Bismuth and Opoku Danquah at Schlumberger-Doll Research Centre to shed light on this topic.|
This resource may be useful to you in preparing your Final Project PowerPoint Presentation. There are specific directions on how to add audio to your presentation.
- Educational Technology and Mobile Learning. (2014, May 30). This is how to add audio narration to your PowerPoint presentations.