https://mynursingessay.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/MNE-LOGO2.png 0 0 mike https://mynursingessay.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/MNE-LOGO2.png mike2021-08-22 18:56:122021-08-22 18:56:12There will be a list of 14 questions just answer this 14 questions
There will be a list of 14 questions just answer this 14 questions
CHAPTER 11 AND 12 QUESTIONS
Define: Reconstruction, ex-Confederates, Abraham Lincoln, Lincoln’s 10% Plan, Wade Davis Bill, Freedman’s Bureau, Black Codes, 13th amendment, 14th amendment, 15th amendment, Reconstruction Acts
- Explain the difference between “presidential reconstruction” versus “congressional reconstruction” including both plans and individuals involved.
- Why did the South enact the “Black Codes?” Give five examples.
- Provide five examples of how some white Americans organized to fight the African-American community during the “Reign of Violence” after the Civil War. What happened and why?
- What was the Freedman’s Bureau and what did it actually accomplish?
- What were the “Black Conventions” and what impact did they have on the Black community and white community?
- Briefly explain the Civil War amendments? Also, why do you think Frederick Douglass’ advocated for these particular rights for African-Americans?
- What do you think were the accomplishments of Reconstruction of the Union after the Civil War? What were the negative aspects of Reconstruction after the Civil War?
- What is the difference between separation of the races versus segregation of the races?
- Briefly summarize the 1896 U.S. Supreme Court Case Plessy v. Ferguson and its consequences on American society.
- What was the basis of the majority opinion in Plessy?
- What was the “minority opinion” of the court in Plessy?
- Based on the U.S. Constitution, which argument do you think had the most merit?
- How did the United States act as an “imperial power” toward the following countries at the turn of the century in terms of treatment and policy:
- Who were the 10th Cavalry and what did they do?
- Puerto Rico
- The Virgin Islands
- Why did the following “race riots” take place when they did in the United States? Include when, where and why: A. Atlanta B. Brownsville C. Springfield