The goal of this Portfolio Project is to create a research and reflection paper that synthesizes information gathered from peer-reviewed sources with your own interest in a chosen aspect of criminal victimization.
Be sure to read the Portfolio Project description below thoroughly before beginning to work on the project.
Portfolio Project Milestone Deliverables
Annotated Bibliography:At this point, you should have decided on the resources and information upon which you will build your Portfolio Project. In an Annotated Bibliography, submit the 3-5 academic, peer-reviewed journal articles and the additional peer-reviewed sources you plan to use to complete your project, and identify:
- What makes each resource pertinent to your topic?
- How do you plan to use each resource in your final project?
An Annotated Bibliography includes the properly formatted references and a summary of each of the sources/articles. Here is a link to help you better understand how to develop an Annotated Bibliography: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/614/01/.
Portfolio Project Outline should also be included.
DO NOT TITLE EACH PARAGRAPH
For your paper, discuss two theories of victimization that best explain the criminal victimization aspect you chose:
- Develop your paper with a focus on your selected theories, including their major concepts.
- Use evidence from prior research to conclude how the theories explain victimization.
- Discuss how different populations or groups might be affected by your theories (such as, the disabled; the elderly; the homeless; immigrants; and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered [LGBT] people).
- Are there any cultural issues that should be addressed? Such issues may apply to female genital mutilation, rape, sexual abuse, honor killings, gang violence, and crimes against special populations (e.g., the blind, elderly, homeless, and LGBT people).
- Evaluate the limitations or weaknesses of your chosen theories.
- What victim resources are available for your chosen theories?
Your final paper must be 8-10 pages long, not including the title and reference pages. It must cite a minimum of five peer-reviewed/professional sources, and be formatted per the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements. The CSU-Global Library is a great place to find resources! Include a title page and reference list page as part of the final project (but not as part of the page count).