Access The Neighborhood Web site using the link on the student Web site.
Read the following articles in the “Neighborhood News” for Season 1:
- “Officials confirm pollution worries” (Episode 3)
- “Hotline puts family at ease” (Episode 4)
- “ED sees critical capacities” (Episode 7)
- “Smoking breaks a thing of the past?” (Episode 9)
- “Flu deaths expected to rise” (Episode 11)
Select two of these articles and decide whether each article is addressing a public health or community health issue.
Prepare to share the articles you selected and discuss whether they address a public health or community health issue in a class discussion.
Post your discussion in “Neighborhood News Article” Thread in the Main Forum. Be sure to comment on one other classmate’s discussion. See Grading Rubrics in Materials for guidelines.