This is the first step to an ongoing project with additional sections due in Weeks Three and Five. Review the requirements of the other sections due in Weeks Three and Five before selecting your explorative mission for this assignment.
Navigate to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) site at http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/
SelectExplore from the menu, then select Ocean Exploration listed below Oceans. Choose an explorative mission that took place at a marine sanctuary or an ecological preserve. This is the specific web site to use as a launching point for further research.
Review the chosen exploration and create a 10- to 12-slide PowerPoint® presentation with following items. Online Campus students must submit a 10- to 12-slide PowerPoint® presentation with presenter notes. Be sure to include the following in your presentation.
· List the basic categories of Earth’s chemical composition and physical properties, with an emphasis on how these factors relate to the ocean.
· Describe at least one of the early research theories about the origins of life on Earth.
· List the modern tools of research used in your chosen ocean exploration.
· List the goals and objectives of the mission and how it relates to the National Ocean Service’s overarching mission.
· List the areas to be explored by the mission.
· What challenges did the team encounter?
· Explain how the data was collected and what modern technologies were used.
· Explain whether the explorative mission was it successful in its findings.
How can the information gathered from the mission benefit the field of oceanography?