Company Research Paper (Create a Company), Entrepreneurship
Company Research Paper
The next five assignments allow you to: invent an entrepreneurial company and research it; develop financial pro forma; do an executive summary and elevator speech; and, as the capstone of the project, develop an exciting presentation for investors. This assignment is your project proposal. You will propose the company to be formed, provide preliminary information about it, and discuss how you will research its viability and strategy.
Write a paper on the new enterprise that addresses at least the following seven sections:
- Company & Product
- Competitor Analysis
- Marketing Plan Research
- Primary and Secondary Research
Make sure paper body starts with a summary where there is a statement of thesis (overview of the points to be made), continues with a discussion (or specific answers to specific questions), and ends with a conclusion. The seven specific sections should be annotated and have specific answers.
All papers should be written in the third person (he, he, it, and they). Make every effort not to shift to second person (you, your) as in, “When starting a company you need money.” Try to avoid shifting to the first person (I, we) as well. It is distracting to the reader and bad style to shift persons in a paper—students often do it in the middle of a sentence.
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
- Write between 750 – 1,250 words (approximately 3 – 5 pages) using Microsoft Word in APA style, see example below.
- Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
- Include cover page and reference page.
- At least 80% of your paper must be original content/writing.
- No more than 20% of your content/information may come from references.
- Use at least three references from outside the course material, one reference must be from EBSCOhost. Text book, lectures, and other materials in the course may be used, but are not counted toward the three reference requirement.
- Cite all reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) in the paper and list on a reference page in APA style.