Class: Electronic Health Record Application
Assignment: Develop a Proposal for an EHR
You work for a large city hospital. In this hospital, there are:
- two primary care outpatient clinics (pediatrics and adult)
- four specialty clinics (orthopedics, neurology, psychiatry, and ophthalmology)
- 300 inpatient beds
- an in-house laboratory
- a radiology department
- a pharmacy
The hospital medical record consists of paper charts. The hospital wants to implement an EHR, and it is your job to develop a proposal to present to the hospital board.
Your proposal should cover the following:
- Type of EHR (Turnkey or Best of Breed) and why, 1 page.
- Functions the EHR will have and why, 2-4 pages.
- Benefits that will be expected from implementation of this EHR proposal, 2-3 pages.
TOTAL: 5-8 pages.
Submit your completed assignment by following the directions linked below. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.
Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document.