https://mynursingessay.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/MNE-LOGO2.png 0 0 mike https://mynursingessay.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/MNE-LOGO2.png mike2021-07-23 14:28:452021-07-23 14:28:45Chinese Museum in Chinatown Paper
Chinese Museum in Chinatown Paper
You must have visited Chinese Historical Society of America (in SF Chinatown) in order to do this paper.
After attending the site, write a 3 pages, double-spaced, Critical Reflection on the experience. You must do the following:
- Write about the site and your experiences there.
- Analyze, as best as you can, the history and community (demographics, such as gender, age, race, ethnicity), practices, beliefs, architecture, and location.
- Engage with theories and concepts to assist in developing analysis (such as racial formation, Loewen’s argument about U.S. history education, or Ethnic Studies and Asian American Studies as counter-narratives, and so on). Apply the concepts to the data you collected at your site so you are not just describing historical data. You visited a site: what does it reveal about Asian American history? What does the site tell you? What type of historical narrative is achieved or communicated at this site? What does it say about “history v. History”? Why does this site matter? Who does it matter for?
- You must use proper citations and quotations using MLA, APA, Chicago, or Harvard styles for writing, and engage with class readings and other learning materials;
- Do not just describe what you did and what you saw. You must provide analysis in your discussion and link your experience to larger issues, theories, and discussions. Your experience is “data” which you will use to anchor a thoughtful discussion on a topic that is related to Asian American history that meaningfully connects to the class;