Part 1: Planning
By now, you have a good start on your future business. Among other things, you know who your customers will be, and you know how your business will contribute to your local economy.
Planning for a business should be a process, not an event. It is the process of planning that will ensure focus, commitment, and understanding. For this week’s business plan assignment, you will address the planning and structuring stages of your dream business.
For this part of the assignment, address the following prompts (at least one paragraph per question):
- Assuming that your business will start off small (just you or one other person), discuss how you will approach the planning stage of the development of your products or services.
- Identify the types of resources you will use.
- Who will lead the planning?
Part 2: Recruiting
Planning for the individuals you will hire to make your business a success is critical every time a new person is brought on board. Consider how you will advertise, review, and select candidates to interview and potentially hire. Remember, with the shape of our economy, many individuals are out seeking employment. From a time constraint standpoint, a business cannot interview every applicant. How will you review the applications and make your selections on whom to call in?
Write one to two paragraphs discussing the methods you will use in the selection process. If you plan to start the business with no employees, remember that you will more than likely hire employees in the future.
Part 3: Motivation
For this part of the business plan assignment, you will consider employee motivation. Review the section in your textbook that discussed the strategies and techniques for employee motivation. Please address the following prompts:
- Think about your dream company. Discuss three methods you would use to motivate your employees.
- For each of the three motivational tactics, explain your reasoning for using each one. (Provide a paragraph for each tactic used.)
- Research the Internet for two articles on motivational strategies for employees from two different websites.
- For each article, include the author’s name, title of the article, and Web address (URL).
- For Article 1, discuss how these strategies can be successful in motivating your employees (three to five full sentences or more).
- Do the same for Article 2: Discuss how these strategies can be successful in motivating your employees (three to five full sentences or more).
The following should be included in the document you submit:
- Part 1: Planning (three paragraphs)
- Part 2: Recruiting (one or two paragraphs)
- Part 3: Motivation
- Tactics (three paragraphs)
- Research (two paragraphs)
Be sure to follow these requirements in your work:
- Type your assignment in an MS Word document (.doc or .docx).
- Times New Roman, 12pt Font, double spaced>
- Do not copy word for word from the textbook or any websites you visit.
- Include website URLs for any outside research at the bottom of your document.