https://mynursingessay.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/MNE-LOGO2.png 0 0 mike https://mynursingessay.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/MNE-LOGO2.png mike2022-01-17 16:41:582022-01-17 16:41:58Administration Of Public Health System
- Week 1 DiscussionDiscussion Topic Overdue – Last Thu at 11:59 PMThe discussion assignment provides a forum for discussing relevant topics for this week based on the course competencies covered.
For this assignment, make sure you post your initial response to the Discussion Area by the due date assigned.
To support your work, use your course and text readings and also use outside sources. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Start reviewing and responding to the postings of your classmates as early in the week as possible. Respond to at least two of your classmates. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between two or more lines of reasoning in the discussion. Complete your participation for this assignment by the end of the week.
Public Health and Emergency Preparedness
Healthcare and public health are typically conceptualized as separate, albeit related, systems. While there are distinct differences in the role and responsibilities of public health and healthcare professionals, the responsibilities of the two disciplines do overlap in some situations.
Review the website What is Public Health and respond to the following questions in relation to differentiating public health from healthcare:
- In your opinion, what are the major differences between public health and healthcare? Explain at least two differences.
- Based on these differences, do you agree that public health and healthcare are interdependent? Give reasons in support of your answer.US public health officials have identified three core functions and ten essential public health services that a health department must perform. Combined with responsibilities associated with disaster or bioterrorism preparedness, which have become pertinent since September 11, 2001, they remain the core responsibilities of all health departments.
Review the following reports:
- Institute of Medicine of the National Academies. (1988). The future of public health. Retrieved from http://www.iom.edu/Reports/1988/The-Future- of-Public-Health.aspxof-Public-Health.aspx
- Institute of Medicine of the National Academies. (n.d.). The future of the public’s health in the 21st century. Retrieved from http://www.iom.edu/Reports/2002/The-Future-of-the-Publics-Health-in-the21st-Century.aspx
- Based on your review of the reports, respond to the following discussion points in relation to the government’s role in public health:
- Identify one example from your local health department or a health department of your choice that illustrates at least one of the three core public health functions.
- Define the core functions. In 2–3 sentences, examine how this definition applies to your selected example.